Friday, February 24, 2006

Surprising...

Over the last several days I've learned that at least one person actually reads this blog (and also hounds me if I don't post on it).

Oh, and I also learned (again) that the other developers I work with really don't care about becoming better at what they do. They make fun of me for trying to come up with intelligent, orthogonal designs, and yet are perfectly content to use case statements where an intelligent class hierarchy would make much more sense.

Me: "Dude, use an abstract class, it'll be cleaner and more scalable"
Them: "LOL whatever Mr. Object Orientated Weirdo! A huge, ugly if/else if/else block will be way faster to write!"
Me: "I'm going to kill you..."
Them: "LOL go write an 'interface' or something..."
Me: *Sigh*

You know, shit like that.

4 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Beniy said...

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds really cool. I love design, and wish I had a job that let me do more of it.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Munkee said...

ummm...i would hound you about updating this blog, but i have to use my hounding credits prudently.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jared said...

I totally agree. Seeing some of the crap that these "genius" developers write makes me want to puke...

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Beniy said...

Today learned that blogs don't always get updated. Maybe I should update my own and increase the overall good blarma (blog karma).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home